What's New at IBEW 873
Work Outlook (Updated 12/07/2023)
Referral Hours are Monday-Friday from 7am-11am
IBEW 873 Job Line (765) 457-5371
JW Wage- $38.09/hr
Pension (pyramids)- $9.73
ALL STARPLUS BATTERY PLANT CALLS WILL PAY 2X FOR ALL OT HOURS WORKED (HOURLY RATE AND PENSION) STARTING 11/27/2023.
OPEN CALLS (ALL OPEN CALLS are filled, in person, on a 1st come 1st serve basis )
Stelko Electric - Shop Call - 2 JW (5-8s 7a-330p) Inside Agreement
Twin City Electric - ADM (Frankfort) - 4 JW (5-8s Mon-Fri 7a-330p w/OT possible) Inside Agreement
*ALL CALLS REQUIRE A VALID 5 PANEL DRUG TEST WITHIN 1 YEAR (UNLESS CUSTOMER HAS SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS), 2 PCS OF I.D., AND BANK INFO IF DIRECT DEPOSIT IS DESIRED.
*ALL STARPLUS BATTERY PLANT CALLS REQUIRE OSHA 10 BEFORE STARTING*
*ALL STARPLUS BATTERY PLANT CALLS REQUIRE A NEGATIVE 10 PANEL DRUG TEST WITHIN 30 DAYS*
*ALL GM MARION CALLS REQUIRE A NEGATIVE 10 PANEL DRUG TEST WITHIN 1 YEAR*
StarPlus Energy Battery Plant- This is a $3 billion joint venture between Stellantis and Samsung in Kokomo. It is all new construction and will be working under the National Maintenance Agreement. Most contractors are currently working 6-10s. OSHA 10 is required for this job. ALL OT IS PAID AT 2X HOURLY RATE AND PENSION RATE.
Hardy Hills Solar Project- This is a 200 megawatt solar field that is currently under construction in Clinton County. This job is currently fully staffed. The current schedule is 6-10s.
GM Marion- This is a $500 million upgrade that will include 2 new press lines, complete press and die upgrades, and a 6,000 sq ft addition at the GM plant in Marion. Phase 1 is currently in commissioning and phase 2 is expected to begin March/April 2024.
Stellantis Facilities (3 Plants in Kokomo)- This is a $155 million investment to produce new electric drive modules at the Kokomo facilities.
Thank you for your interest in the IBEW and the Hardy Hills Solar Project.
Information and Updates
- Once you have applied, we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
- This project is a total of 195 Megawatts, consisting of approximately 500,000 solar panels, and spanning 1800 acres.
- This project is expected to be complete by spring 2024.
- The location of the project is approximately 5 miles north of Frankfort, IN in Clinton County.
- The current projected schedule is 5 - 10s and 8 hours on Saturday with $100/day incentive being offered
Becoming a member of IBEW Local 873 has many benefits. Along with assisting the skilled tradesman of IBEW Local 873, some of the benefits include:
- Competitive Wages ($20.21/hr - $34.75/hr)
- Timely raises (based on hours worked)
- Health Insurance
- Two defined benefit pensions
- Death Benefits
- Union representation